Prev: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it. Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@g...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:42:19 -0500
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

I haven't had much trouble with high speeds. Most of the time it's self
correcting. People with big tables and small ships who like high speeds
can
still play as they want. As Damond pointed out, there's a limiting
factor
built into the game since ranges are fixed. The faster you go, the
greater
the chance of out running the weapon ranges.

The only issues I've seen with the movement system have been oddities
where
two ships pass each other without shooting, not because they were out of
range but because their weapons were out of arc, even though they spent
most of the turn *in* arc. That's just a factor of the game, though.

There are issues with FT, but I never found the movement system to be
one
of them to be honest. Except where fighters are concerned, and that
leads
to quite another big ball of wax...

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com