Prev: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules Next: RE: New Full Thrust point defence rules

RE: New Full Thrust point defence rules

From: Douglas Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:17:38 +0000
Subject: RE: New Full Thrust point defence rules

" At the other end of the spectrum, if your opponent has loaded up on
point defence, then the one or two squadrons of fighters carried by
Fleet Book 1 dreadnoughts and superdreads will be useless."

Please note, I've not played a lot of special-built ships, so this is
mostly impressions, but...

If there is enough point defense 'bought' to make this so, it's probably
a good thing, as that amount will not be spent on other weapons. This
seems to be one of those good decision items of FT. No one good amount.

I think a major point is there's a fairly sharp tipping point for masses
of fighters; a few extra squadrons, bringing in a certain mass, can go
from scary to absolute doom. I've not seen/heard the same for point
defense.

Behold, I'm hushing up, now.

Doug

Prev: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules Next: RE: New Full Thrust point defence rules