Prev: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules Next: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

From: John Tailby <john.tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 11:33:16 +1300
Subject: Re: New Full Thrust point defence rules

FullThrust is like many games that it needs an greenest between the
players about what makes a fun game. If you agree to restrict yourselves
to Fleet book ships or designs that follow that philosophy then you
won't encounter soap bubbles. Also if you are running a campaign where
people need to return to a planetary base to replenish expended ordnance
and fighters then the number of carriers verses low maintenance cruisers
might be different.

If you allow players to select any designs they like without agreement
you risk getting some non who wants to play a different style of game
from another. The I take all fighters and missiles and you take all
beams can result in a very one sided game.

Because FT says only anti ordnance weapons can attack ordnance and only
anti ship weapons can attack ships. You need to balance both in your
ship designs and the game can be won during the fleet design if someone
picks an edge case.

I am not really a fan of fighters I would like to not have the fighter
design and make people chose between interceptors and bombers.

Sent from my iPad