Prev: Interest in re-vitalizing the UFTWWWP? Next: Re: Interest in re-vitalizing the UFTWWWP?

Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

From: Brian Burger <blurdesign@g...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:46:06 -0600
Subject: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

Mechanics and such apart, I'd like to see a game that could use the
multitude of drone models now out there (GZG and others) in interesting
ways.

I remember the intro to SG2 (or maybe DS2?) dismissing the "couple of
robots stalking each other across an otherwise empty battlefield" as a
boring game, but with so many neat drone models around it seems a shame
not
to have some interesting rules for them.

Brian
www.warbard.ca
(trying to resist getting back into 15mm SF after a many-year hiatus,
but
so much cool stuff out there, and I really want to re-start my red Mars
project. Maybe this winter...)

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> Sorry, Jon, I went on travel as the discussion got interesting.
>
> I'm on the opposite side of the table from Damo wrt TW and SG2. IMO TW
is
> where I think SG2 should have evolved to. Despite the somewhat
> non-intuitive reaction system, I think it flows better. <shrug>  BUT,
this
> is not about SG2, but SG:AC.
>
> I would like to see something between SG2 and DS2 come out. Right now
the
> closest thing I can think of that fits that might be Future War
Commander,

<sam@glendale.org.uk>

> single

> > armor

> two

> bit,

> > >It's been too darn long since I last played a game of SGII.  :-/
So I