Prev: RE: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 10:45:13 +0100
Subject: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>I'm totally down with less Warhammer-y mechanics, or anything generally
>less Warhammer-y in general, with heavy emphasis on price point. ;)
>
>I would probably give them a read over, for sure, but the issue I run
into
>is more of a time thing, and not necessarily a desire thing. With that
>said, I tend to focus on games with more of a skirmish level to them,
>simply because I actually have a chance of getting the minis painted up
>while the game is still on the market. Painting six to eight guys (or
gals)
>and then gradually adding to them over the course of time is much
easier
>than painting twenty to ??? guys (or gals).
>
>With that being said, the constructive rules bit that I would offer is
>please leave artillery off board. It's kind of a weird thing in FoW,
and I
>get that the minis are cool, but it has always felt off to me.
Artillery as
>an objective could be fun though, so mayhaps I contradict myself.

FoW does this for one reason only - they want to sell lots of
artillery models as well as all the tanks and infantry!  ;-)

I know the "logarithmic groundscale" argument used in FoW sits
uncomfortably with a lot of people - I must admit I'm kind of
ambivalent about it myself.

The problem is that I also make a number of cool artillery-type minis
that I also want people to buy....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)