Prev: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES! Next: RE: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:02:50 +0100
Subject: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>Jon-
>
>	       When you say company level with fire teams are you
thinking
>along the lines of a game like Flames of War? Multiple figures per base
and
>the like? I think 15mm lends itself well to that scale, but also think
that
>Dirtside did a pretty good job with that as well.
>
>						       -James Moore

Yes, exactly, James. Think of a typical FoW force size -
combined-arms forces of a couple of platoons each of tanks and
infantry, plus supporting elements; infantry based in 3-4 man teams,
with such a "stand" of figures or a single vehicle as the basic
"element" of play, and a platoon-sized group of such elements as the
standard "tactical unit" in gameplay.

What you do with a Squad in SGII would be done with a Platoon in SG:AC.

In some ways it WOULD be rather like Dirtside (similar organisational
level), but with much more emphasis on infantry than the very
tank-centric style of DSII.

So, yes, like FoW but of course with much less Warhammer-y mechanics....
 ;-)

Jon (GZG)

>On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Seamus <fomorianwolf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>>
>>  On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

>>  >
>>  > Actually, a serious question out of this levity..... in the
opinions
>>  > of those of you here, how much interest WOULD there still be in
the
>>  > reviving of the long-back-burnered SG:AC project? That is, a new
>>  > edition of Stargrunt with a shift of level to Company-sized forces
>>  > and fireteam-based 15mm figures?
>>  > Or are there so many other good rules sets out there covering the
>>  > same ground already that it would really be a waste of precious
time?
>>  >
>>  > I fully expect to get a number of replies along the lines of
"forget
>>  > that and get FT3 (or FMA, or whatever else you are waiting for)
done