Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions Next: GZG OFFICIAL: off to TRIPLES....!

Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 19:44:44 +0100
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

On Wednesday 30 Apr 2014 15:13:34 Ground Zero Games wrote:
> I would also recommend Ian Douglas' "Star Carrier" series (4 books so
> far) - fun and a good read, some nice treatments of (very) non-human
> aliens and some rather esoteric tech (ships pulling multiple

If you want esoteric tech, then Baxter's Xeelee series is good for
that, but the ship combat is nothing like FT, involving the use of
things like closed timelike curves and traversable wormholes.

It's Hard SF, in that though he assumes the existence of some pretty
extreme technology, he does follow through on the consequences of
that according to current known physics. He's not so good on the
story/character side of thing though.

> thousands of G by projecting artificial singularities that they then
> "fall" towards) but nothing that's any worse for PSB than the
> Honorverse and/or Drake's RCN novels.

I hope they realise that such singularities would make for one
hell of a weapon.

--
Be seeing you,	      Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.		      Posts: http://www.google.com/+SamuelPenn

Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions Next: GZG OFFICIAL: off to TRIPLES....!