Prev: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions Next: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:13:34 +0100
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse fiction was: RE: Cross Dimensions

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>Have you ventured into the Lost Fleet series any?
>
>I would also suggest the Odyssey One series, as long as you can
overlook
>the technical gaffs and blatant astronomical errors the author makes.
Get
>past that, the series is pretty good.
>
>Mk

I would also recommend Ian Douglas' "Star Carrier" series (4 books so
far) - fun and a good read, some nice treatments of (very) non-human
aliens and some rather esoteric tech (ships pulling multiple
thousands of G by projecting artificial singularities that they then
"fall" towards) but nothing that's any worse for PSB than the
Honorverse and/or Drake's RCN novels.
Very "US Navy In Space Saves Humanity", but then that's what a lot of
readers want from Space Naval fiction; some elements have quite an FT
feel to them, at least that's what I felt while reading them.....

Jon (GZG)