Prev: Re: Submunition Packs Next: Re: GZG official: Request for a small favour....?

Re: GZG official: Request for a small favour....?

From: Paul J Foster <pj_foster@u...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:44:35 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG official: Request for a small favour....?

I've not seen anyone else mention this yet - but the article is in the
January issue of Miniature Wargames and well worth a read.  I picked up
copy in WHSmiths at the weekend.  I'd totally forgotten about this mail
thread, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the interview.  GZG also
got
a mention in another article in the mag too, with some figures reviewed.

Cheers,
Paul

Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote on 02/11/2013 16:20:19:

> From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
> To: gzg@firedrake.org,
> Date: 02/11/2013 16:20
> Subject: Re: GZG official: Request for a small favour....?
>
> >textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
> >
> >Hi Jon,
> >
> >I hope you can let us know which magazine it is, when it's published
-
I'd
> [...]
>
> Jon (GZG)
>

> >From:   Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
> >To:	   gzg@firedrake.org
> >Date:   31/10/2013 17:34
> >Subject:	   Re: GZG official: Request for a small favour....?
> >

> >Many thanks to those who responded so quickly - I think I've now got
> >plenty of options, will choose some to send on to the article author
> >who will then forward a selection to the mag editor - exactly what
> >finally gets used will be up to the editor and the layout/graphics
> >person, so I won't have any control over that...... but hopefully a
> >few will get in!
> >
> >Thanks again!  :-)
> >
> >Jon (GZG)
> >

> >>Hello all,
> >>
> >>I need to get a few photos together for an article/interview that is
> >>being written up for one of the wargames mags; I can deal with the
> >>product photos side of things, but what I've been specifically asked
> >>for is a couple of pics of:
> >>
> >>	a) our GZG tradestand at any UK show (ideally within the last
2-3
> >>years rather than older ones), preferably with me and/or my show
> >>helper(s) in shot - a wide shot of the whole stand would be nice,
but
> >>equally some close-ups of parts of the stand could be useful - and :
> >>
> >>b) a pic or two of games actually being played, not necessarily with
> >>GZG rules but certainly with our figures/vehicles/ships.
> >>
> >>It doesn't matter where the games were held, they could be UK or US
> >>shows, GZG-ECC events, or simply club nights - but they need to show
> >>a reasonably attractive game setup, space or ground actions, using
> >>all or mostly our miniatures on the table. Games actually using Full
> >>Thrust, Dirtside or Stargrunt would be nice, but I'd also be happy
> >>with shots of ones using any of the rules sets that I try to support
> >>- for example Gruntz, Tomorrow's War, Hammer's Slammers, Future War
> >>Commander etc.
> >>
> >>The only other requirement is that they need to be good quality
> >>photos in a high enough resolution to permit magazine printing, and
> >>obviously I'll need your permission to use them - I will try to get
> >>printed credit if possible (if you wish one of course), but since I
> >>won't have control over the final printing I can't guarantee that.
> >>
> >>The deadline is a little tight I'm afraid, I really need to get
> >>something together in the next day or two (I would have done this
> >>yesterday, but we were off power for over 24 hours due to the
> >>storms....)
> >>
> >>If anyone out there can help with either or both, it would be very,
> >>very much appreciated!  :-)
> >>

> >>Best,
> >>
> >>Jon (GZG)
> >

> >Unless stated otherwise above:
> >IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
number
> >741598.
> >Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6
3AU