Prev: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time! Next: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!

Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:38:20 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hello all,
>>
>>  Well, I've been promising some new Starships before the end of the
>>  Xmas offer period - and I've JUST made it, with four days left for
>>  you to order some (if you want them, of course!). I'd hoped to get
>>  some more done, but a lot of factors (not least of which is the
sheer
>>  number of orders I've had in already!) have conspired against it - I
>>  hope you'll like what I did succeed in getting finished.
>>
>>  A lot of folks have bought the fleet pack for the "Mystery Fleet"
>>  since we made the first few models a good while back, and we've had
>>  many, many requests for more ships in this line - so, that's what
>>  we've done: all the existing ships (the two DD types, the BC and the
>>  Light Carrier) have now had NEW MOULDS made, plus there are three
>>  all-new classes out today - a little Frigate, a Strike (Heavy)
>>  Cruiser and a lovely big Dreadnought.
>>
>>  They are all up on the store NOW and ready for your orders!
>>

>And they look REALLY nice!
>

>>  The other bit of news about these ships is that they are the
"Mystery
>>  Fleet" no longer - after much lengthy consideration and discussion,
>>  we've decided that they will be the fleet for the CRUSTIES! The
>>  ground troops for these crustacean-like exoskeletal aliens have been
>>  one of our most successful ranges in15mm, and they really needed a
>>  fleet for FT games - and the more I looked at the ships, the more
>>  their shape and design style seemed to fit with the tech base of the
>>  Crusties - so, that's what they are going to be!
>>  Of course, as it's all Sci Fi and our "official" background is all
>>  completely optional anyway, if you prefer to use the ships for
>>  another race or faction within your preferred "universe"  then
that's
>>  fine with us - but at least they now have an "official" designation
>>  for us to refer to them.
>>

>Blurg. Not seeing a connection between the mystery fleet and the
crusties.
>Doesn't work for me. Would have rather have had the mystery fleet be a
tech
>upgrade to the UNSC. Ah well. Still be ordering them, though!
>
>Mk

Well Indy, whatever we'd decided there would have been some folks
that didn't like the idea we chose..... Feel free to use them as
whatever you like, and I'll look forward to seeing yours in UNSC
colours!  ;-)

I had always had the idea in the back of my mind that the ships were
non-human, though I genuinely had no plans as to whose they might be
when I started to build them. The visual connection that started the
idea of linking them to the Crusties was the rather "prawn-like"
shape of the central hull, the way it narrows to the nose - I guess
you either see it or you don't, but once I had spotted it I couldn't
then "un-see" it. I think they'll look really nice painted up in a
white/grey/black/orange scheme.....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time! Next: Re: GZG Official - New FT Releases, just in time!