Prev: RE: GEOHEX Terrain Next: RE: Full Thrust: German Style

RE: GEOHEX Terrain

From: Andy Skinner <andyskinner@r...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 15:12:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: GEOHEX Terrain

>It's a pity nobody has convinced 3M to spit out 1' hexagons....

Geo-Hex used to send plain hexes for padding.  I assume other people did
too, but I've made some pieces from those, having the hex part already
cut.  I just needed to match the slope on the edges, because I didn't
care whether about stacking on the hill pieces (the one with no slope,
just a step).

I think the only time you need to match the whole outline is in that
case--stacking hill on hill, or a sloped on a hill.  Everything else
would just be a tolerance, to make sure a "smaller" piece didn't
protrude over the edge of a "larger" one.

I've mostly made transition pieces for the mountain pieces.

I wrote a nice 3D layout design program once. I'd like to port that to
work in a browser.  I guess there wouldn't be a lot of demand anymore.

andy

Prev: RE: GEOHEX Terrain Next: RE: Full Thrust: German Style