Prev: Re: Building a map of habitable space Next: Re: Building a map of habitable space

Re: Was: More future history questions - but wandered off into another thought

From: John Lerchey <lerchey@g...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:10:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Was: More future history questions - but wandered off into another thought

I don't disagree with anything that TomB said about aesthetics but these
are games - and we like the way our toys look on the table.  If we
didn't,
we'd be playing more board games where the units are counters with a
symbolic icon and some stats instead.

That said, if/when/if DS3 ever tries to become a reality, I had planned
make some TO&E charts for the various GZG powers, but specifically avoid
naming specific vehicles used.	So an NSL Armor Company would have a set
number of platoons, each with a set number of elements, and a command
group, and some support units, but the specific tank type would be based
on
local availability/need more so than saying "NSL uses this tank as their
MBT".

Allows people the aesthetic they want for their forces, but also allows
for
some doctrinal/organizational differences.

<shrug>

I like games. :)

John Lerchey
Thinker of thinks,
Doer of little,
Dreamer of dreams.
Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Prev: Re: Building a map of habitable space Next: Re: Building a map of habitable space