Prev: Re: More future history questions - India Next: Re: More future history questions

Re: More future history questions

From: "KH.Ranitzsch@t..." <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:18:18 +0100
Subject: Re: More future history questions

-----Original-Nachricht-----
> Von: Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com>
> An: gzg@firedrake.org
> Betreff: Re: More future history questions
> Datum: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:08:35 +0100

> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> KHR, with whom I largely agree, said:

Fools never differ ? :-)

> [Tom] My only argument with this is there are
> cultural/political/economic factors that will still distinguish the
> net outcome in societies.

Certainly.

> And you can add to that some governments will work to keep their
> people ignorant ('if you only read one book, and that's all you need,
> read <insert religious text of choice>') and their living standards
> back in the 7th, 11th, or 14th century....

Becoming increasingly hard to do, I have read a number of articles about
North Korea and even there, information is seeping in more and more.

> Haiti is a mess and it is within a short hop of the most prosperous
> nations in the world. I don't forsee Aghanistan (the non-urban portion
> anyway) becoming particularly prosperous anytime soon. Nor tractable,
> while I'm thinking of it.

Afghanistan may remain intractable and poor, but the technical skills
are growing, even if its to built cell-phone triggered car bombs.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: More future history questions - India Next: Re: More future history questions