Prev: Re: And so the ESU starts to rise :) Next: Re: ESU origins..

ESU origins..

From: Bob Blanchett <bob.blanchett@g...>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:22:41 +1100
Subject: ESU origins..

An excellent precursor for the ESU might be the current SCO The Shanghai
Cooperation Organization

<devans@nebraska.edu>
> ]
>  Re: And so the ESU starts to rise :)  [ Phillip Atcliffe
> <atcliffe@ntlworld ]
>  Re: And so the ESU starts to rise :)  [ Doug Evans
<devans@nebraska.edu>
> ]
>  Re: And so the ESU starts to rise :)  [ Doug Evans
<devans@nebraska.edu>
> ]
>
> Administrivia:
> Administrivia:
> archives at http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/
> in case of problems, contact listmaster@firedrake.org
>
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:50:23 +0000
> From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
> To: gzg@firedrake.org
> Subject: Re: From GZG - new 15mm releases for WARFARE this weekend!
>
> >Thanks for the update Jon - can't wait to see the new figs, but will
> >have t wait until they are up on the store (can't make Warfare as
> >it's my Dad's 75th today and I have to head down to Sussex tomorrow
> >for the clan's gathering to celebrate).
> >
> >For the UNSC-LI are there any plans to add extra poses for the SAW
> >gunners and maybe standing/walking for the GMS(P)s? Crew-served
weapons?

> Crew-served weapons, yes. More SAWs and GMS poses, probably not, at
> least for the moment - too many other things that are more important
> to do!
>
> Jon (GZG)
>

> >Keep 'em coming!
> >
> >Tamsin
> >

> >At 19:22 17/11/2011, you wrote:
> >>Almost ready for Warfare, a last update before we load up the van
and
> >>head off for the show:
> >>
> >>After some very last-minute mouldmaking today, I'm happy to announce
> >>that in addition to the re-released FT Japanese ships, we will have
> >>three new packs of 15mm items available at WARFARE this weekend! We
> >>will have VERY limited quantities of these new packs - maybe ten to
> >>dozen of each, so if you want some come and see us as early as
> >>possible.
> >>The new items will be up on the store, with pictures, as soon as
> >>possible after we return from the show - so watch out for them in a
> >>few days!
> >>
> >>SG15-V16  Humanoid 'Bots - three different humanoid-styled servant
> >>robots (best described as the offspring of an illicit liason between
> >>C-3PO and Gort, with a strong dash of Hajime Sorayama thrown in for
> >>good measure....). There are two human-sized 'bots, in "male" and
> >>"female" styles (there's the Sorayama influence!), plus a hulking
> >>great brute of a cargo-handling 'bot, which also makes a great
> >>doorbot/bouncer for your Colonial Bar ("YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE
> >>LIST.... YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED.... ARGUMENT WILL RESULT IN
SERIOUS
> >>BODILY INJURY FOR WHICH THE MANAGEMENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE...")  :-)
> >>Pack contains 6 figures (2 each of 3 different) and is 3.00 inc.
VAT.

> >>SG15-A22  NAC Power Armour with hand weapons - the second pack of
the
> >>newly resculpted PA figures. 6  figures (3 each of two poses) with
> >>hand weapons, supplied with separate (optional) assault jump packs -
> >>pack contains 3 "standard" jump-packs, 2 jump-packs with
> >>over-shoulder micromissile clusters, and one command jump-pack with
> >>sensor/comms systems.
> >>6 figures plus 2 sprues of jump-packs: 3.00 inc. VAT.
> >>
> >>SG15-U26  UNSC Light troopers with GMS(P) light portable anti-armour
> >>missiles. Pack contains 8 figures, four each in prone and kneeling
> >>poses, all with single-shot missile tubes in firing positions.
PLEASE
> >>NOTE that the prone figures are the same as those currently supplied
> >>in pack U24 - in due course we will probably revise U24 into a
> >>different figure mix.
> >>Pack contains 8 figures (4 each of 2 different) and is 3.00 inc.
VAT.

OF1035F667.30A0E693-ON8625794F.00649D11-8625794F.0064BD70@nebraska.edu>

> And I mis-read 'Eurasion Economic Space' as a precursor for the S in
> ESU. ;->=
>
> Doug
>
> Peter Thoenen wrote on 11/21/2011 11:03:02 AM:
>
> > Just caught this off a economic blog I follow:
> >
> > "On 18 November 2011, the presidents of Belarus, Kazakhstan and
> > Russia signed an agreement, setting a target of establishing the
> > Eurasian Union by 2015. The agreement included the roadmap for the
> > future integration and established the Eurasian Commission and the
> > Eurasian Economic Space, which both will start work on 1 January
2012"

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Union
> >

> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:02:38 +0000
> From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@ntlworld.com>
> To: gzg@firedrake.org
> Subject: Re: And so the ESU starts to rise :)
>
> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> Peter Thoenen wrote on 11/21/2011 11:03:02 AM:
>  >> Just caught this off a economic blog I follow:
>
>  >> "On 18 November 2011, the presidents of Belarus, Kazakhstan and
> Russia signed an agreement, setting a target of establishing the
> Eurasian Union by 2015. The agreement included the roadmap for the
> future integration and established the Eurasian Commission and the
> Eurasian Economic Space, which both will start work on 1 January
2012." <<

> On 21/11/2011 18:20, Doug Evans wrote:
>  > And I mis-read 'Eurasian Economic Space' as a precursor for the S
in

> What intrigues me is the use of the word "Space" in this context.
Either
> there's nuance about that word in Russian that isn't obvious to
> Westerners, or the three presidents are showing unusual mathematical
> knowledge for politicians... or they're thinking a long way ahead.
> Didn't the ESU /start /as the "Eurasian Union" in the GZGverse?
Hmmm...

OFD6176150.26129451-ON8625794F.006B3804-8625794F.006B5957@nebraska.edu>

OFB1822B79.9CC97A77-ON8625794F.006BF4F0-8625794F.006C0BC3@nebraska.edu>