Prev: Re: Homework Assignment Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:50:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Sorry, haven't been by the mail box, I hate 'I was offline...', for a
bit.

Well, Jon, if you wanted some discussion, you got it. Still say you
should
give up explaining what you DON'T want... ;->=

Haven't read everybody's in depth, but

<Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> wrote on 10/22/2011 11:35:15 PM:

> G'day,
>
> > I was hoping you'd turn up, Beth. :)
>
> Wouldn't want to disappoint ;)
>
> Beth

And you didn't.

I won't claim it was the only holdover that seemed anachronistic, but it
was a major one. However, given the Mideast conflict is in the timeline
as
the genesis of this brouhaha, not unexpected.

Ground Zero Games  wrote on 10/21/2011 10:34:49 AM:

> Re the Russo-centric ESU, I think that may be a bit of a misreading
> of the canon - remember that the ESU was originally formed after
> China invaded large parts of Central Asia, and for a good while after
> that the ESU was very Chinese-dominated. It is only in the latter
> part of the canon timeline that the Russian elements of the ESU have
> seen some real resurgence, and by the GZG "present day" I see it as
> very much a balance between the Russian and Chinese influences -
> hence the eclectic mix of ship class names!  ;-)
>
> Jon (GZG)

If anything, I thought the People Republic of China was still the major
partner, 'saving' the former Soviet Union from itself, but with limited
experience and knowledge or interest in space, a limited force in the
VKF.
Okay, that's a bit anachronistic, given China's efforts in space
currently. ;->=

Finally, glad to hear Rot Hofen is available to all; best wishes to LOS.
As
close as I get to historical is VSF, and the steampunk issue constantly
rises.

Doug

Prev: Re: Homework Assignment Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?