Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:58:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Jerry Han <jhan@warpfish.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I'd change much of anything.

The world is a changin' and any assumtions made based on the
trajectories of the late 80's and 90's

> My thought is, any time you spend considering the backstory canon
would
> probably be better spent working on minis or co-coordinating with new
> rulesets.  In the end, we didn't play FT because of backstory (though
it's
> always nice to have) - we played FT because, it had good and fast
rules
> and nice looking miniatures.	I don't think revising the backstory
> will generate much, if anything in the way of new business, and will
> risk alienating anybody who feels the 'backstory' has become less
> 'realistic' by the changes.

Who is this "we" you are talking about?  Your local FT Admiral's Club?

I disagree -- I know a number of people who play (sujectively
inferior) games BECAUSE of the fluff.  I think the fluff should be
tweaked -- not changed per se -- but nudged in certain areas to align
it with the world as we know today.

D.