Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:58:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

>  not in the Stalinist sense of course,

I'm afraid any major 'overhaul' will feel like that to me. I'd probably
suggest a start-from-scratch write up, but you'd pretty much have to
have
the five majors, as those are the main fig lines.

Please note, I always had major Corporate 'States' in my world view, but
with a strange disconnect between them and governments. The common man's
assumption is an Illuminati-like influence, one way or the other, but
the
reality is as long as goods flow, the governments don't care about
corporate habitats' day-to-day, and the interstellar corporations are
thrilled to stay so low a profile as to be invisible.

"The reoccurrence of corporate influence witch hunts of the early
colonial
era is too clearly in the minds of the CEO's. A string of insulting
invectives will still often include 'lobbyist'."

I even played it as the cycle of nation wars was offset to the corporate
wars, as idle military hardware, mothballed to corporate stations, was
too
tempting to the corporate players trying to 'rationalize' in the lean
times
of low military expenditures. 'You don't get rich supplying the
colonies...'

> With that I would get rid of many of the
> sole proprietorship planets/systems, Habitable colony worlds
> having multiple territorial claims.

Are there any in the official history? You aren't going to suggest one
can
control our fevered gamer minds, are you?  ;->=

Seriously, I'd never play with many that others invented, and haven't an
impression of anyone using my Texaco Free Trade Zone. Doesn't stop them
from existing in the GZG Encyclopedia Galactica.

Doug