Prev: Re: Urgent request! FT starship pictures! Next: Re: Urgent request! FT starship pictures!

[SGII] FSE AGCI-5 Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

From: Seamus <fomorianwolf@g...>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 05:00:30 -0400
Subject: [SGII] FSE AGCI-5 Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

So I've been working on my Stargrunt stuff, and I'd like to get some
feedback. I've got a slightly modified version for the Tuffleverse, so
don't
worry too much if a strange year/date pops up in a description. I've
tried
several times to reformat and alter that data card with no success.
Google
Sites always bloats the thing.

Here's my version of the AGCI-5 G.E.V. (using the Wombat II hover APC
model.)

*
Model: AGCI-5 LaCroix
Manufacture: Fabrique D'Cori Heavy Industries, Venus
Role: Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Power Plant: LR H-828 Hydro-Magnetic Turbine
Height: 2.2 meters
Length: 4.5 meters
Weight: 34 Tons
Armor: Ferro-ceramic laminate titanium with carbide mesh
Armament:
G37 22mm Gauss Autocannon (9,000 rounds)
FM-80 Gauss Machine Gun (4,000 rounds)

OVERVIEW: Since its deployment in 2200, the LaCroix IFV was the Federal
answer to the Combine M25 series used by their planetary defense forces.
Legionnaires are reportedly happy with the vehicles performance,
although
the bus compartment is somewhat cramped for its eight-man capacity. Not
limited to planetary defense, the FSE has adopted the AGCI-5 to replace
the
aging ANR-3 for all planetary invasion logistical operations as well.

CAPABILITIES: The AGCI-5 had extensive testing before its official
launch.
Fabrique D'Cori designers on Venus made several adjustments to the base
concept of the M@5 "Grant". By selecting the G37 Gauss system as the
main
gun, there was no worry of feed problems with the weapons integral
hopper
system.

The method of using a coaxial support weapon in the turret was retained,
however the FM-80 design was selected over the 77 due to its
adaptability.
Both the G37 and FM-80 have proven their worth on the field numerous
times
since the LaCroix was first issued.

The titanium alloy plating is inlaid with a carbide mesh, which is then
sandwiched between layers of ferro-ceramic lattice. The front armor can
defeat most infantry light anti-armor weapons; offers moderate
protection
against light AFV weapons such as the M-108 interdiction rifle used by
Combine scouts and poor protection against medium weapons such as the
80mm
APFSDS rounds fired from the Combine L8A4 cannon.
*
The side and rear armor can stop small-arms fire, however it offers only
moderate protection against anti-material rifles and Infantry
rocket/missile
systems.

*
*

STARGRUNT II VEHICLE DATA CARD

*Name*

AGCI-5 "LaCroix"

*Type*

GEV IFV

squad.

*Size*

3

*Mobility*

Hover

*Powerplant*

HMT

*ECM*

Basic (d6)

*Armor*

*Front:* 3

*Side:* 2

*Crew*

2 (Driver/Gunner)

*Infantry Carried*

8

*Weaponry Type*

*FIRECON*

*Base Impact*

GAC/2

Co-Axial Gauss SAW

Enhanced (D8)

D12x2

D12

*Notes and other equipment* Often equipped with portable fire
extinguisher
and portable vehicle toolkit. Smoke Launchers.

Basic EW Equipment (D6)

--
You itch! Of COURSE you itch! We ALL itch! Now, shut up and get some
sleep.

Prev: Re: Urgent request! FT starship pictures! Next: Re: Urgent request! FT starship pictures!