Prev: Re: Future of GZG list, possible new members Next: Re: Future of GZG list, possible new members

Re: Future of GZG list, possible new members

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:35:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: Future of GZG list, possible new members

I think that perhaps expanding upon the Full Thrust group for members
(and the Stargrunt one too) on Facebook would be an excellent idea.
Serious conversations about the game don't even ccome up on here very
often, new people who have things to contribute come along even less
often, and stuff like this is probably why.  I think it would be an
excellent idea for GZG to get its games on Facebook and get behind the
Facebook site, which also is something where the rest of us could get
behind it easily and which could welcome new users.  Yeah, to some
degree the lack of filtering on Facebook also means that a lot of
"Internet peeps" that we have blissfully been able to avoid on this list
will start getting in, but that's kind of the cost that comes with the
territory.

-----Original Message----- From: Seamus

Sent: Jun 21, 2011 10:12 AM

To: gzg@firedrake.org

Yeah, to a huge number of (mostly younger) gamers, the closest thing to
a mailing list they've encountered would be Yahoo! Groups.

Speaking of quiescent, what happened at Ground Zero Gamers
(http://gzgamers.webs.com/)? The site was put up last July, and I think
by the time I found it in October it was all but dead; it has been ever
since.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Allan Goodall <awgoodall@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Seamus <fomorianwolf@gmail.com> wrote:

There's a Stargrunt group there as well, that is likewise quiescent. I
think it would be a good idea.

I didn't even think to check for that...

Are there any other areas where there is more SG2 or FT discussion
happening?

I think the issue with this list is that it's not entirely stable, and
it requires a login procedure that is now foreign to people just now
getting into the hobby (i.e. it's not a web forum or social media).

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com

awgoodall@gmail.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

--
You itch! Of COURSE you itch! We ALL itch! Now, shut up and get some
sleep.- Space Gamer mailer cover

Prev: Re: Future of GZG list, possible new members Next: Re: Future of GZG list, possible new members