Prev: Re: [GZG] Alien Stealing Sheep Miniature Next: Re: [GZG] Alien Stealing Sheep Miniature

Re: [GZG] How to join the mailing list.

From: "Hudak, Michael" <mihudak@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:10:14 -0500

lend a hand.  :-)

________________________________
From: gzg-l-bounces@mail.csua.berkeley.edu
[mailto:gzg-l-bounces@mail.csua.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Andrae Muys
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:31 AM
To: gzg-l@mail.csua.berkeley.edu

I only just rejoined the list after a few years, and it wasn't as easy
as I expected.

1. I started by going to http://www.groundzerogames.net/ expecting to
see "Mailing list" either on the left bar or under "Contact Us" or
"Community" (MIA).

2. I then searched for "GZG Mailing list" and found the instructions at
http://www.stargrunt.ca/ref_info/gzg_mailing_lists/gzg_mailing_lists.htm
which I thought I remembered was out of date due to a migration from
majordomo to mailman a while back, but I tried anyway, and received the
inevitable bounce.

3. I then navigated through the list archives at
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/ , picked a random message (which
happened to be Michael Hudak's "Greetings of the Season"), and clicked
on the link included at the bottom of every post:

Seriously, as a FLOSS developer, any project that made it as hard to
join the mailing list as GZG seems to make it would be doomed from the
outset. If I hadn't lurked previously and consequently known there was
this incredible, diverse community hidden _somewhere_, I would have
given up at step 2 assuming that the community, ruleset, and entire GZG
universe was defunct.

If the maintainers of the various primary websites out there could
update their mailing list instructions I would appreciate  it. Purely
selfish I know, but I consider the GZG community one of the hidden gems
of the internet, and I'd love to be able to enjoy it for a long time to
come.

Andrae

Prev: Re: [GZG] Alien Stealing Sheep Miniature Next: Re: [GZG] Alien Stealing Sheep Miniature