Prev: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project Next: [GZG] GZG hi-mob tank in action.

Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 14:42:26 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

11:50, Richard Kirke wrote:
> So, what have you been painting over the holiday season?
Not so much what /have /I been painting as what /am /I going to paint
now that the holidays are over, time, space and weather permitting.

Basically, lotsa starships. <g>

I have a neoBSG Colonial Fleet to finish by painting half-a-dozen
escorts, and a matching Cylon fleet to paint -- plus, of course, a
zillion fighters to go with the ships. Then there's the "retro" fleet,
designed in a similar style to the famous SSC /Leif Ericson/, which I'm
painting up as a Second Empire of Man Imperial fleet (kinda emulating
Niven and Pournelle, who turned the LE into INSS /MacArthur/ -- and yes,

I have an /Old Mac/, plus Jack Cargill's /Patton/); still working out
how to build a Lenin in scale, though -- think I can use model rocket
parts for the nose and main hull, but the tail is a bit more difficult.

And then there's the odds and sods I have and/or pick up; for instance,
I'm getting a Spartan Games Gas Mining Vessel, which ought to go very
well with the GZG Refinery Ship; combine them both with a scratch-built
bulk carrier/colony ship that I have, and they might make a neat target
for a scenario involving pirates or commerce raiders... but I gotta
build and paint them first.

So, as usual, more metal/resin than one can deal with, but that's
(gaming) life, isn't it? <g>

Phil

Prev: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project Next: [GZG] GZG hi-mob tank in action.