Prev: Re: [GZG] Subscribing to the GZG mailing list. Next: Re: [GZG] Subscribing to the GZG mailing list.

Re: [GZG] Subscribing to the GZG mailing list.

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@g...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:08:45 +1100

I asked a friend to test the list subscription process, and her mail to
the list was distributed, at least to me.

So... It doesn't look as if the sign-up is fundamentally broken. :)

Perhaps the guy who's having problems could provide a bit more detail?
I've had a look at the list archive, and so far there's no more than:
"It doesn't work for some reason."

1. Can he get the list sign-up page to display in his browser?
2. Will it accept his entry? If so, what does he enter? Just his e-mail
address or what?
3. Does the Subscribe button appear to work?
4. Does he receive the confirmation e-mail? If so, how did he respond?
Just click on the link in the mail, or what?
5. Does he receive the "Welcome to the list" e-mail (presumably not,
obviously)?

The info posted at Stargrunt definitely seems to be out of date. Sending
a subscription request to the address given produced this failure
message:

    majordomo@csua.berkeley.edu

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <majordomo@csua.berkeley.edu>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (state
14).