Prev: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust Next: Re: [GZG] Railguns

Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:36:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust

> What I mean is, if you're going at 4 MU, and you have the ability to
make 2
> point turns in cinematic, the area in which you may be expected to end
up is
> around 7-8 MU in diameter.  At this speed, the ability to make this
turn
> does not fundamentally affect any mechanics of the game.
>
> However, if you're going at 40 MU, and you retain the ability to make
that
> same 2 point turn in cinematic, the area in which you may be expected
to end
> up is around 7-80 MU in diameter.

I presume you meant 70-80 MU diameter.

Still not "turning on a dime". As John pointed out, your turn arc merely
increases. I don't see where this is anywhere a problem.

>  At _this_ speed, the continued ability to make this turn radically
changes
> the game.  Trying to target that ship with any sort of indirect fire
is
> largely pointless.  Even direct fire weapons are only possible to use
on the
> speeder's own terms.	It's the main tactical reason to use such
speeds,
> because people flying significantly slower ones are basically forced
> operate the entire game on your terms when you do.

That's called taking the initiative.

Or change your tactical thinking. If Force Blue is flying around at 80+
speeds and Force Red is flying at 10-20 speeds, Blue is going to have a
devil of a time trying to get lined up anywhere close to target Red. And
if
Red is defending an area (planet, base, asteroid, whatever), there is no
need for it to go far. Just sit tight and wait for Blue to get its
maneuvering under control and get closer. I don't see where the Oerjan
speeds break anything. Just changes the tactics you have to employ. You
can
either play your opponent's game, or make them play yours.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] what's the latest news on Full Thrust Next: Re: [GZG] Railguns