Prev: [GZG] More re: From GZG: further update on Xmas and new stuff.... Next: [GZG] How to join the mailing list?

[GZG] Does how people think influence the decisions they make?

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:20:01 +1100
Subject: [GZG] Does how people think influence the decisions they make?

G'day guys,

First up sorry about breaking every rule in the book about keeping posts
on topic and not hijacking the list for personal topics, as this won't
be on topic please feel free to stop now.

If you have kept reading I would like to reassure you i'm not after
personal details or financial support, but I am asking a few moments of
your time to help get some insights into how people think. While working
on natural resource management and climate issues its been important to
deal with people with an exceptionally broad range of opinions on how
the world works. To that end we're in the process of some research on
how different people perceive the world, and how that influences
decisions they make. To that end we have a short survey (should take
less than 5 minutes to do) that we've been asking people to voluntarily
complete. So far we have a very biased sample as its mainly researchers
or people that have already worked with us. We'd really like to get
beyond that group, thus this email ;)

I can't offer any reward beyond the warm glow of knowing you helped out
on science that can lead to more sustainable management of resources and
there is absolutely *no*  pressure at all to do it, but if you would
like to help us out its up at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WorldViews_NoRes

<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WorldViews_NoRes>Once the research is
done I'm happy to translate it back into terms that have relevance for
gaming - it would certainly help explain why very few battles ever work
out in the way they do on our game boards ;)

Thanks

Beth