Prev: Re: [GZG] Celesticon/GZG-WCC 2010 - After Action Report Next: [GZG] when I'm fillin' wormholes

[GZG] PDS flak

From: "Brendan Robertson" <southernskies@p...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:33:23 +1100
Subject: [GZG] PDS flak

I can't remember if this has been put forward before, but I had a
thought
about PDS.

PDS (standard mode) = as per FTFB
ADFC = as per FTFB (PDS can only fire in standard mode)

PDS (flak mode) = every squadron/ordinance attacking the ship is
attacked by
1 die.	5-6 = 1 kill (no reroll).

For standard fighters, this gives a break point of 3 squadrons before
flak
is more effective.
Eg. A ship with 3 PDS (fairly average) normally scores 2.4 kills
(regardless
off # of attackers).  If attacked by 8 squadrons, it would instead score
8
kills using flak mode.	The ship would probably still die horribly, but
there would be a lot less fighters to attack the next target.

If -1 DRM for heavy fighters is still applied to flak, the break point
shifts to 5 squadrons of heavy fighters.  This also means that the -2
DRM
for plasmabolts makes flak mode ineffective.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

Prev: Re: [GZG] Celesticon/GZG-WCC 2010 - After Action Report Next: [GZG] when I'm fillin' wormholes