Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

From: Charlie Heckman <flheckman@y...>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 19:11:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

> Definitely. It was often hard to tell which ones were bought from
other
> companies, though. Flat Top and Air Force/Dauntless were by
Battleline.

> They had quite a few excellent in-house games. I believe Up Front was
an
> AH in-house game, and one of the best they ever created.

Buying the games from other companies often lead to in house games.
Craig Taylor (IIRC) designed AF/Dauntless (and many other titles) for
Battleline, then was hired to do Up Front for AH.

I guess my point is that Battleline was often buying games from
Independent designers then in turn selling them to AH usually for better

production value and larger print runs.

Another interesting example: the Mini game "Gladiators" (FGU) was
released by FGU from an Independent designer ~1974 then reworked into
the Gladiator portion of Battleline's "Circus Maximus" ~1978 then split
out again when AH bought Circus and decided to release the two component

games: Circus Max and Gladiator ~1981...

--

Charlie

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss

Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes