Prev: Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:07:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures

1) More wounds
2) Greater speed (if reasonable)
3) 3D vs 2D (or 3x vs 2x) charge may make sense in some cases
4) Bigger attack die for Close Assault (D16, D20, 2D12, etc)
5) Bigger armour die
6) Armour treated as Class 1 Armour (or for a really scary critter,
Class 2)
- Class 1 bounces most conventional small arms, but not always
7) TERROR!
8) Different Morale Rules
9) Possibly allow a big critter a charge that can affect multiple squads
(Godzilla style) in a round if they are in a line....
10) You might allow them an artillery style attack (fire breath, acid
breath, etc)
11) Regeneration (Wound Recovery)
12) Different terrain mobility rules (including possibly swimming,
burrowing, snow skimming, etc)
13) Maybe an ability to generate a biological cloud (particulate or
acid)
that could be either damaging or concealing (smoke screen) or both
14) Chameleon like camo (sniper hidden rules)

You can treat them as a vehicle (minus bailout) and give them higher
armour
and use the minor penetration/major penetration to determine how many
wounds
to give them on a hit (but I wouldn't unless they were very large or
metallic allow GMS to track them).

Some godzilla style monsters might have ECM or even EW chits (electromag
effects). Flying is a movement option.

One miniature I love, and would buy one or more of for my Kravak if I
could
find them cheap, is the older metal GW Carnifexes. They are a great
'prey
beast' for the Kravak. Sort of like the things Predators like to hunt.

It all depends what sort of critters you want in play. If they're ESPer
type
critters, they might be able to paralyze minds (one action per round
prevented) or else confuse orders or whatever.

There's a lot of ways to screw with the game system in SG and a little
bit
of playtesting will prevent ridiculous effects. It's just hard to
balance
ranged and unranged critters unless terrain is very congested.

Tom

Prev: Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes