Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:04:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

few games of PanzerBlitz and Panzer Leader using the Squad Leader turn
sequence. I probably did violence thereby to the designer's intent, but
it made a pretty interesting game.

One thing PanzerBlitz/Panzer Leader got right is the scale: the company
as the tactical quantum of mechanized industrial warfare. I didn't
realize that until much later, when I started reading more serious
operational histories. The game maybe could have used HQ units, and some
sort of reaction phase letting the non-turn player move and fight a
reserve company or two from a battalion whose other fighting companies
were under attack, provided the parent BN HQ wasn't destroyed or cut
off.

Best,
Ken