Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10

Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:07:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10

> Ah, John John John. It's too bad neither of us will be around long
enough
> to see this discussion become moot by advances in technology. :-D

John is also discounting Transhumanist elements where human bodies are
augmented with non-organic structures and artificial intelligence, or
where
minds are shifted into artificial bodies. The Tuffleyverse doesn't
specifically cover these elements, but SG2 and DS2 are technically
generic
rule sets.

Are such Transhumanist elements realistic? *shrug* Maybe, but probably
not.

Are they staples of 21st century sci-fi genre emulation? Yep.

Should they appear in a sci-fi toy soldier game? Yep, if you're trying
emulate a particular genre.

Or maybe we should do away with genre emulation entirely and *only *go
with
what's realistic. We can start by taking away FTL travel and plasma
guns...

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
awgoodall@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10