Prev: [GZG] FMAS Next: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:26:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FMAS: Combining Movement with Shooting

Is there a reason to maintain the ratio like that?  It makes sense to
me that in this kind of situation the best one should hope for would
be a suppression.  Especially if it's untrained rabble (qual d6 and
below) throwing lead hoping to keep heads down.

If you're talking about the skilled fighter (ala Seal team doing
tactical movement) I can see letting them half move and shoot at full
effect and providing a shift if they full move.

It's one of those things I gotta try in order to get a feel.

D.

On 7/2/10, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Re: Split shifts.
>
> I find in the game, because your highest die or dice matter, that
shifting
> down only one of the dice of die types still leaves efficacy of fire
as you
> can still heap up suppressions if your QD is even so so.
>
> FP DOWN shifts with a high QD ---> negligible chances to do actual
wounding,
> still a high suppression chance - you change the balance of
suppression vs.
> wounds.
>
> If you split out the shifts, you get a reduction in overall efficacy,
but
> you don't get as much of a change in the balance of suppression vs.
wounds.