Prev: [GZG] [AAR] Aventines v Sopovar, playtesting new FT3 fighter rules (long) Next: Re: [GZG] [AAR] Aventines v Sopovar, playtesting new FT3 fighter rules (long)

Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:48:21 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

G'day,

> My cats know how to kill prey all right and I didn't teach them.

Many cats remain in a kitten like state through out life because of the
way we treat them (and particularly if de-sexed at an early age). Other
cats will pick up behaviour by learning it for themselves from the basic
precursors they're armed with (given sufficient time they can even
become highly proficient though they may also have odd idiosyncratic
"rituals" they go through as they reproduce the steps they *think* they
need to go through to be successful). Lastly you have ones where adult
cats teach them through interactions (which can happen beyond the home
if the cat is allowed to roam).

Cheers

Beth