Prev: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens Next: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 2/2

Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 01:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

how to kill prey all right and I didn't teach them. My Britsh Blue knows
to wrap his front paws round my wrist, rake my hands with his back claws
and sink his teeth into my arm. That's just like big cats on the nature
programs. I am very glad my cat knows how to play, because when he is
serious he can bite the heads off mice and birds. My other cat has
caught and eaten wild rabbits. I think cats and dogs have a different
kill technique

I think that my cats think I am a retarded animal and need to be shown
what to do with prey. I really didn't need to be shown the  lizard
under my pillow. Yuck

I am sure there is all sorts of research with a variety of propositions
and theories. My proposition was based on my limited sample size of 2
and then extrapolated to an intelligent sentient creature. The desire to
hunt prey and the lack of a kill instinct would make for some
interesting social dynamics. A load of chase, catch athletic events and
no domestic pets?

Prev: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens Next: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 2/2