Prev: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens Next: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:31:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

> I assumed the 'bioweapon' comments were from other documents, such as
fan
> fiction, RPG's, 'Technical Manuals', rather than the movies as opposed
> speculation. I'll have to dig though my old books; in the movies, they
were
> sought as bioweapons BY our MIC.

Actually, it came to me as I read what John wrote: "I always thought
that
the Aliens were too perfect an organism with a range of really unlikely
capabilities so that it seemed more like the product of intelligent
design
rather than random chance."  That just smacked me of "bioweapon". Some
race
created the Aliens to wipe out a competition, believing they would be
able
to control said bioweapon, and...well, they didn't so well succeed.

> Of course, I like 'Predators took them from a conquered race who
created
> them, none too successfully, as a bioweapon, see conquered, for use as
> tool in rites of passage. '

That one works, too.

> Otherwise, if the xenomorphs were created for hunting excursions, the
Pred
> ship in A v P will have to be named the 'SS Minnow'.

I know where you got the ship name, but missing the analogy between the
show
and the movie.	:-/

Mk