Prev: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens Next: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 20:29:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] A number of scientists respond to Hawking's concerns about Aliens

human motivations for going into space and other planets. There got to
be big $$$ in going to other planets, space exploration won't be cheap,
at elast in the initial stages and it's riskier than writing a
blockbuster screen play so the rewards would have to be enourmous.

If you are playing for stakes that large I can't see some human
corporation being weak about dealing with local aboriginies.

If that's how humans would be to others why would we expect others to
be magnanimous to us, especially if we were sitting on the galactic
equivalent of a gold mine.

BTW arn't the aliens from LV 426 someone elses bioweapon?