Prev: [GZG] More re: From Jon at GZG - limited stock of 25/28mm resin APCs! Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re:

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re:

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:40:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re:

Sorry, you asked some questions/clarifications a couple days ago and
I've
been swamped on this end with Life and Work and Everything.

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Eric Foley <stiltman@teleport.com>
wrote:

> Two extra questions.	One, what about heavy fighters?  The way I'm
looking
> at this, I think that main weapons should be unaffected against them,
PDS
> are reduced to one fewer small target die against them but the to-hit
number
> is unchanged, while lightning shields are reduced by -1 against them.
The
> other is, what about plasma bolts?  Does the defense change against
those at
> all?	Lightning shields, I'm thinking it should be roll the to-hit and
each
> shield reduces the plasma by one class, and after that it's up to your
> PDS/scatterguns.

Question the first: PDS, ADS and main ship weapons fire their usual # of
Small Target dice at heavy fighters, but *only* hit/kill on a '6', not a
'5
or 6'. CIDS are reduced by 1 level when firing at heavy fighters, with a
minimum level of '1' (thus, CIDS-3 is effectively a CIDS-2 against heavy
fighters, but CIDS-1 remains CIDS-1).

Question the second: PDS, ADS, main ship weapons, if they hit a plasma
bolt,
the hit reduces the strength of the bolt by one level. CIDS (lightning
shields, or whatever one wants to call it), being an extremely
short-ranged
system designed to take on small targets purposefully attacking a
specific
ship, are unable to affect plasma bolts.

Hope that's clearer. :-)  I'm making notes in my FT3 page to make some
stuff
clearer (after one has read something over and over and over and 'knows'
how
the rule is supposed to work, certain details tend to get dropped in the
cracks, so the questions are all good :) ).

Mk