Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: John Lerchey <lerchey@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 21:23:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Tom,

Yes, you are correct.  The PDS and ADS (only difference in game play
is the RANGE) fire at small targets during the ship firing phase of
the turn.  They do NOT fire at incoming munitions/fighters as part of
the fighter attack.  CIDS now does that.

So, ships and missiles and fighters fly around.
Ships fire all weapons - capitol weapons against other ships or
against small targets, and any PDS/ADS against any small target in
range.
Then the surviving small targets attack in accordance to their attack
rules.

John

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm bogged at work, but I'll try to find some time to give these
fighter
> rules a whirl. Don't expect feedback quick, but I'll add it onto the
queue
> because it seems to have some interesting aspects.
>
> I need to be sure I understand something:
>
> PDS can attack any target in range (not just those attacking). ADS
ditto,
> only with longer range. Yes?
>
> ADS should be "Area Defense System". Actually, if PDS can attack
things not
> attacking it, calling it a point defense system may be a little
inaccurate.
> Hmmm.
>
> Perhaps:
> Area Defense System and Wide Area Defense System? (ADS and WADS?) Or
Long