Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1) Next: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:54:30 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: FT:XD changes, part 1)

>  Wait, so what exactly is the effect of the ADS?  It extends the range
of
> PDS like an ADFC to 12 MU, or it's just a single but longer ranged PDS
that
> has no effect on any other defensive systems?

Yes, an ADS is basically a long-range PDS. It is a separate system from
the
PDS. It is *not* an ADFC.

 So a DDE would use CIDS mainly to keep themselves from getting mobbed?
> (I'm assuming that it can't be used in an area defense role
regardless,
> right?)

Right, CIDS can only be used for self-defense.

Personally, my DDEs would have CIDS-2 and a suite of ADS's, with an odd
PDS
to fill in a left-over point of mass (or pick up some armor, but I think
I'd
rather throw three more dice to miss hitting fighters with ;-) )

Mk