Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 16:30:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

There is also something to be said about thinking about a problem too
hard.

Isn't just about everything in FT situational in nature: armor,
screens, certain weapons tied to fast/slow platforms, movement styles,
etc.?

(Granted some situations are bigger offenders than others - but it's
situational and difficult to account for.)

Can you really ever fix that?  No.

This is the trap of a points system - while there may be a good
solution out there somewhere the minute you get it out to the genpop
someone will break it.

You are always going to have edge cases that will break a system.  For
me the fleet books set the tone for my games and designs so I was
never really concerned about the system's edge cases.

D.

On 5/3/10, Eric Foley <stiltman@teleport.com> wrote:
> [...]
Even at