Prev: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 12:46:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 07:37:00AM -0400, Tom B wrote:

>I do think you can solve almost any of the flaws of a ship design
system
>(which are really only flaws of a ship design system + a tactical set
of
>game rules) by scenario design.

In a campaign game in which players can design and build their own
ships - which may be unrealistic if it's less than a multi-year war, but
it's something people enjoy playing anyway - you can't. At that point
the construction system (which is often the same thing as the one-shot
scenario's points system) needs to give a fair reflection of combat
power vs cost-to-build...

Prev: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1