Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:14:58 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17

Bob Blanchett wrote:
>Don't think thats enough reason to remove it;	runngin carrier forces
>means some
>preparation and forethought. having a creen out or not is part of that.
>I'd certainly retain it. its a one-time per launch factor.

The "half move on launch" rarely makes a difference to defensive
deployment, since the screening fighters don't go very far anyway.
It shortens the effective range of a launch for immediate assault,
but again not by enough to make much of a difference.

And while there's some justification for it in that fighters in
TV/film really do have to form up, it's not a big deal in a game
where turns are ten minutes long.

All in all, it's one more rule to remember without really making
the game more interesting.

>As far as Grssers go, I would not make any changes that require
recalculation
>of published designs or modifications of SSDs.

Yeah, unless lots of people say "yes! G2s are over-priced!" the
inconvenience of modifying SSDs (heck, I've got lots myself)
outweighs any slight increase in accuracy of pricing.

Thanks for replying.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1