Prev: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: Doc <docagren@a...>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:28:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

I'm updating Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions to revision 1.1 and am
asking for feedback.

* Turns in cinematic: half drive rounded UP or DOWN?
In FT 2, it was rounded up so a ship with drive 3 could turn 2
points. In 2.5, it was rounded down so drive 3 could only turn 1. In
FT Lite, it's back to rounding up which I copied for FT:XD. So, do
you play round down or up?

    We play here, with Round up, and I have a small Battle group forming

* Point defence
In FT:XD I allowed ships with ADFCs to fire at fighter groups
loitering nearby and not actually attacking. In 1.1 I'm planning to
take this out. Will anyone notice?

    We started doing that before you did the rule, because we found it
odd that PDS couldn’t target any enemy squadron that flew within it
range.

* Multi-stage missiles
Doubling the mass for one extra stage seems right, but keeping on
doubling makes it really difficult to carry lots of long range
missiles Honor Harrington style. So I'm planning to make the first
extra stage double the mass, each extra stage beyond that just
doubles the points cost.

    Need to go look this up, as I missed it.  Could U send these rules
to the list so more can look at it.   But I think U need to keep the
mass as well.

* Fighters
Planning to add that fighters with a higher move can break off from
dogfights without opponents getting a free shot. This is mostly to
provide a reason for using the fast fighter type.

    Speed should give some advantage

* Ship fire phase: before or after fighters/missiles?

This is another that keeps changing. In FT 2 ships fired before
missile and fighter attacks, after in 2.5, before in the beta fighter
rules (copied for FT:XD), and FT Lite doesn't say.

I'm thinking about going back to the 2.5 order.

    I like Fighters and Missiles hitting before Ship Fire, but I have
not worked on FT3

http://agrenville.myminicity.com/
http://agrenville.myminicity.com/ind
http://agrenville.myminicity.com/tra
http://agrenville.myminicity.com/sec
  http://agrenville.myminicity.com/env
In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have
hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for
anything else thereafter.
    ~ Ernest Hemmingway

"I'm a Member of Red Sox Nation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ElEgp62dI

Prev: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1