Prev: [GZG] [OT] Re: Flames of War Next: Re: [GZG] Fighters and other military planes grounded by ash

[GZG] [OT] Re: 20mm 'Quick' kits

From: "Michael R. Blair" <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:07:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [GZG] [OT] Re: 20mm 'Quick' kits

GZG does not do 20mm so this should not be too much of a sin to post. If
nothing else they might be useful for conversions.

Better said than I can – and he managed to find something on the
Peagasus website which I never can.

There is some overlap between the ranges, Hat have the broadest range
but alas not always the best looking one. The new M4s from Italeri are
much nicer than the Hat ones but Hat do more and I think different
models of M4. The Italeri stuff is generally very good except for the
tracks on their Russian AFVs which are not as good as the Pegasus ones.
Pegasus use a really ugly plastic but the kits are quite nice and have
by far the best range of Russian AFVs including armoured cars. Pegasus
also do some Heer '46 vehicles, paper panzers which should count as SF
and might be particularly useful as they are not as easily recognised as
an M4 or Pz IV would be. Now I have the image of one of the new 15mm
plasma guns from GZG stuck on the top of one of the Heer '46 tank
destroyers stuck in my head, I am going to have to buy some now.

I always intended to steal the running gear from some of the kits and
use it for a small vehicle for 28mm scale but never got around to it.

While on the subject of Pegasus they do some plastic kits of SF subjects
including flying saucers. I was thinking of getting one for my Black
Tree Daleks (another indefinitely stalled project) but they might have
other uses as well.

Michael

Prev: [GZG] [OT] Re: Flames of War Next: Re: [GZG] Fighters and other military planes grounded by ash