Prev: Re: [GZG] Dirtside and StarGrunt opportunities on Mercury Next: Re: [GZG] Show news, new stuff and general chat.....

[GZG] Show news, new stuff and general chat.....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:21:26 +0000
Subject: [GZG] Show news, new stuff and general chat.....

Hi all,

A bit of a general update....

After much frantic preparation over the last few weeks, we're finally
finished and ready for TRIPLES (Sheffield) this weekend! As those of
you going will hopefully know, this year it is in a NEW VENUE, the
English Institute of Sport on Attercliffe Road, and NOT at the
University as it has been for many years. We're hoping the venue
change will go smoothly and that we'll all have a good show, looking
forward to seeing some of you there. We're in the smaller of the two
halls (the "Badminton Hall", I believe).

Please remember, as mentioned in my last news post, this is the first
show where we are NOT taking all the individual 25mm SG figure codes
- what we have got is plenty of pre-packed squad blisters, which will
make things a lot easier and faster; we'll be doing the same at
SALUTE next weekend, and at all shows from here on. Single figure
codes are all still available by mailorder, and by preorder for shows.

We have a good selection of NEW RELEASES for the two shows, we are
taking good stocks to the shows and then they will all up on the web
for mailorder after SALUTE. I should be able to get pictures up after
Triples but before Salute, but to whet your appetites this is quick
rundown of what we have out:

15mm infantry and stuff:

2 new packs of UNSC-LIGHT troops - rifles pack B and SAW gunners.
1 new pack of New Israelis, a support weapon pack with 2 x HAMR teams
and 2 x GMS teams.
A really cute little spider-drone (6 legs, but hey, who's counting?)
with twin autocannon, 3 to a pack for £2.50.
A groundmount twin plasma cannon with a New Israeli gunner figure,
which will also work well in the back of a flatbed vehicle!

Plus: FOUR new 15mm vehicles - we reckoned it was time for more HOVER
stuff (yes, I know some of you hate hover AFVs, but lots of others
love 'em if our sales are anything to go by....), so we have a new
Hover APC (the Gauntlet III) in both "battle taxi" and Command post
variants, and a new medium hover tank (the Rommel III) in both gun
tanks and SLAM carrier versions. In both cases, those of you who know
our old 25mm line and our current 6mm range will recognise the
vehicle names - as with others of our recent 15mm releases, these are
very similar to the older designs of the same names but with certain
revisions and improvements (hence the "III" added to the
designations). I'm really pleased with the way these have worked out,
and I think you'll like them - pics after the weekend, or come and
see them at Sheffield if you can!

We'll also have plenty of our recent releases with us - the AV-7
FanVan, all the Colony Buildings (including some very nice complete
boxed sets with extra free stuff!), the Hammer's Slammers 25mm
"MOLTS" and lots more.

On the subject of the show releases, a quick apology to the
Vacc-heads among you - I had really hoped to have some new FT ships
ready in time (including the ScanFed Dreadnought), but it just didn't
happen - way too much else going on, I'm afraid.  There WILL be some
new FT releases very soon, just not in time for these shows.

So, that's about it for the moment - we're leaving for Sheffield
early tomorrow (Friday) morning, more news, pics etc, after the
weekend.

All the best,

Jon (GZG)