Prev: Re: [GZG] ECC AAR from John Lerchey Next: [GZG] [FT] EMP weapons

Re: [GZG] ECC AAR from John Lerchey

From: John Lerchey <lerchey@g...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:22:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] ECC AAR from John Lerchey

I don't know full details, but this is EXPERIMENTAL and thus, may or
may not end up in the FT3 rules.

Testing is for shields to provide a save throw.  Each level gives you
a save of 1 on a die.  So a level 3 shield saves on 1-3.  You can have
up to level 5 (IIRC), but each level of shield costs more in mass than
the previous, so it's not a straight multiplier.  You can have level
5, but you'll likely only end up with those, life support, and engine,
and a bridge. :)

Again, EXPERIMENTAL.  Can I stress that enough? :)

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Eric Foley <stiltman@teleport.com>
wrote:
> One thing jumped out at me here...

they are in the fleet books, or does this mean you use 15% of your ship
mass for screens with them?  What are the "save throw" shields?

> Little enough is known about FT3 that stuff like this makes me
curious... even if it was in the context of a bunch of mass 400 ships.
 (Which are big, but not ridiculous in my circles...)

Prev: Re: [GZG] ECC AAR from John Lerchey Next: [GZG] [FT] EMP weapons