Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC XIII: AAR Next: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC XIII: AAR

[GZG] [CON] GZG ECC XIII Quote Board

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:07:19 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [CON] GZG ECC XIII Quote Board

Hey everybody,

Sorry for the lateness in this - Real Life (tm) has taken a hold of me,
which is why the website hasn't been updated with all the AARs, photos,
and things.

But, to tide you over in the meantime, here's the transcribed quote
board.

As usual, we take no responsibility for spelling mistakes, transcription
errors, embarrassment caused, etc. etc. etc... you came into the con
room,
you automatically waived your rights.  (8-)

Enjoy!

JGH

---
The GZG ECC XIII Quote Board
------
FRIDAY EVENING
------
Great strategist, lousy dice roller.

A: "The Millenium Falcon cockpit wasn't that small - they fit a wookie
in it!"
B: "He had the seat all the way back!"

GM: "Do you want to be greedy and ruthless, or British?"
Carl:  "There's a difference?"

Lerchey: "Crap, I forgot my tape measure."

Mark: "Where's the space for differently-abled pirates?"

Don L to Zombie Player: "Have you no heart?.... Oh."

Whenever I think I'm French, I feel like I have to run away.

GM: "Would you like to bayonet him?"
Don L: "As opposed to standing there and being stabbed?  Yes!"

John L: "We're losing by less in each passing turn!"

Greg: 19 KIAs, 3 Enemy Dead

Jerry Han: "You can fire a torpedo up my butt!"
John Lerchey: "That's an offer I don't get everyday..."
Doug Schavo: "You're just not in the right part of town."

Would the shark eat the zombie in the water, or is that just empty
calories?

I figure two more turns of firing, and I'll be out of ships.

A:  "Do you have shields?"
B:  "Yes, I haven't thresholded yet."
A:  "P-Torps - 4 points"
B:  "Okay, now I have thresholds."

GM: "Do NOT roll a 1"
Martin: "And you know how good I am at that..."

Stuart: "Is it CineMAtic, or cinematic?"

(People are flying Klingon ships...)
Stuart: "He's plotting a turn ahead!"
Jon D:	"You have ridges on your forehead."

Stuart: "I'm the jolly Klingon"

(Doug is playing in Jon D.'s scenario...)
Brian Phillips: "Where did you get the minis?"
Doug Schavo: "I, ah, found them on the table."

Steve Belosi (after rolling 7 points of damage on 3 dice): "That was an
uncommon event for me."

Jerry Han: "I'm not in charge!"
John Lerchey: "Yes you are."
Jerry Han: "NOOOOOOOO!"

John Lerchey: "Every day is a good day to die if you're a Federation
ship!"

Jerry Han: "We're doing 10 to the Groin!"

Jerry Han: "I don't think we can win by points"
John Lerchey: "We can't even SURVIVE."

Indy: "You take 5 points of damage."
John L: "I take 2 and give 3 back."

John L: "Yerin, you're a hot rock."

------
SATURDAY MORNING
------
Jon-Mark: "She's a Mac, He's a Commodore 64."  (Refering to the awake
status of
Yerin and John L. this morning)

John L. to Aaron N.: "Send me an email, and I'll make you a brain.  Do
you
want brain stem and nerves hanging down?"

Aaron N: "I have exceptionally motivated sucky guys."

Carl S. (showing die around):  "Can someone confirm on here that there's

something
bigger than a 2?"

Steve Barosi: "So you suggest I move around and plink him in the butt?"

Carl: "I'm using NSL ships, entering an asteroid field, using vector
movement.
I STARTED INSANE."

Yerin: "I need longer arms."
John L. "Or, you could move to the other side of the table."

Yerin (playing with a starship miniature): "Niiiiyearrrow!
Niiiiyearrow!"
Mark: "You're making airplane noises."

Jon D:	"Conservation of momentum + vector mathematics says he's
stationary."
(Commenting on a car blown into a million pieces by a gas tank
explosion)

Jon Davis, being asked about a favourable ruling for Greg Davis, who is
curerntly on a team called "The Jerks":  "If I do this now, he's only a
jerk for the morning.  If I don't, he's a jerk all day."

You got to shoot.  It was a good turn for you.

(Team named "The French" moves a car backwards)
Opponent: "Ah ha!  Moving backwards!  How very French!"

Brian P: "Naw, Jeff, you were right to shoot at me that 1st turn.
I'm up to no good."

Tomb: "It's my engine.	It gets me off here"

He's a flaming Frenchman!

(Rocket fired at car owned by team "The French")
A: "Who did it miss?"
B: "The French"
A: "Who misses the French?"

------
SATURDAY AFTERNOON
------
JL WWII Zombie Game: "I'm just looking for the options, not the smart
options."

Jon Davis (discussing being the mayor of Zombie Town):
"I'm bloated with government waste"

Tom (during Bank Robbery): "455 Webley - Most powerful handgun in the
world!"
Later on: "Hold it sister!  You, too, Frenchie!"

(Americans have zombies to one side and an interdimensional demon on the
other.)
Brit: "You've got a problem with zombies."
American: "I don't think you need to give me any advice about zombies!"
Brit: "I'm in bad shape.  I'm in the cemetary in a zombie game."

Tomb: "If you steal my car, I WILL cut you down."

Conserve unit strength.  Don't fight Cthulhu.

Jon Mark Davis to Jon Davis: "So, you were the village people?"

Tomb: "Give me your boss, and you can go!"

Rich: "We had a fighter out last turn, and they had none."
Mike: "Ahh, the good old days."

D: "If they wanted prostitues on a starship..."
M: "Well, why wouldn't they?"

STEVE BAROSI!! (Winner of awards in all four miniature contest painting
categories, as well as the first person selected to get the 25th
Anniversary
GZG door prize)

------
SATURDAY EVENING
------
Don R: "That's no Terminator... it's a mechnical Tyranid!"

I can confirm there is movement... could be a squirrel.

Jon D: "I've crawled up into some cover and am putting [the Jaffa] on
overwatch."
Dan: "Are we gonna kill them or what?"

GM: "Something came down the shaft."
JP: "Is it naked?"
Don: "Well, it's de-fleshed..."

Ron: "You go forward, I will protect the rear."

Tomb: "It doesn't matter how many sides are on the die, if you roll
1's..."
(Mark proceeds to roll 3 ones in four rolls.)

Jon D (having an emotional breakdown in character, including Russian
accent, as he encounters a Gou'ld force shield for the first time):
"What the F**K was that?!?  Russian bullet KILL on TWELVE!  BLOW HEAD
OFF!".

Tomb, as Jaffa is shot by DHD: "Wait, it's cinematic - on a high roll,
he falls
onto the device... 4! He's on the device!"
Doug: "Hey, I've been using vector!"

Tomb: "... that wasn't in the plan for today..."

Tomb: "What'd you get?"
Jon D: "7 and 4"
Tomb: "What about the other one?"
Jon D: "...1"
Tomb: "Oh, good."

------
SUNDAY MORNING
------
John L: "Mechanical death machines with bad dice rolls just aren't worth
building."

I guess they're converted dishwashers.	I always wanted to melee
converted
dishwashers.

Imperial Player, looking miserable: "Shut UP, rebel scum!!"
Rebel Player: "Let me guess, we got the Imperial Coffee shipment last
episode..."

Indy: "Good morning.  Find a chair."
John L: "Do I need a chair?"
Aaron N: "It's Sunday morning, most of us do."

Aaron N. (Captaining a WW2 Battleship): "Why does this not fly like a
Starfury?"

(Jon Mark Davis and Greg Davis are crusing in squadron formation)
John L: "I'll bet you can sink one of Greg's ships"
Jon Mark: "You bet, eh?"
John L: "If you do, I'll give you one of mine!"

(WW2 Battleship combat in the Indian Ocean)
Jerry H.: "How fast are you going?"
Bryan: "9"
John L: "His rowers are going to get tired soon."

Aaron N. (refering to Jerry H): "No, unless he does something stupid,
I'm not
attacking him."
Jerry H: "Uhhh..."
Aaron: "Oh, wait."

Indy: "Scott, they love you down there."
Scott: "I, I am well loved."
Aaron: "He's pretty much the Jerry Han of that corner of the table."

(After Scott's first battleship is sunk)
Scott: "Here, you can have this back.  I am done playing with it."

Bryan: "Are you going to shoot at the Jean Bart, or the..."
Aaron: "I'm going to shoot at the one less on fire."

Bryan: "Can I re-roll my 6's in damage control?"
John L: "Oh sweet!  Cascading damage control!"

Jerry Han: "SINK!  SINK, DAMN YOU, SINK!!"

Aaron: "And the recipient of the next broadside is... STEVE BAROSI!"

The French are out of range.  I'll shoot the Americans.

It's not personal, it's just playtesting.

Imperial Player to Teammates: "Can't you do ANYTHING?  I roll
4 dice, and I kill a Mon Cal Cruiser!"	(Mon Cal was down to
2 hull points)

GM: "The Italians are getting ready to jump the Americans."
American Player: "You do that."

Bryan (playing French Fleet): "I'm trying to piss everybody else off."
John L.: "You've embraced what it is to be French."

The French are sunk!  Everybody wins!

You took Indy's advice?  What type of brain damage caused that?

--
** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI **

Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC XIII: AAR Next: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC XIII: AAR