Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance Next: Re: [GZG] System Diversity

Re: [GZG] How much acceleration do you need to

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:20:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] How much acceleration do you need to

Bob,

I had understood a human could sustain 9G (according to a Wiki I read)
but was not sure how long they meant by sustain. If I go with the 3
minute turn and 0.33G/thurst, the fighter Jocks might have to sustain
6Gs several times (like anytime they go foot to the firewall) but they
are (as you say) in couches and G suits. I figured if we can manage
9Gs for a minute or two, we can manage 6Gs with some help (unhappily,
I'll warrant) for longer periods. Keeping the ship to 2Gs (for Thrust
6) means humans can move (carefully) and work (if need be) when the
ship is under power. More common thrust 4 means 1.33 G. Not pleasant,
but the medics and damage control parties can work here.

Letting the fighters hit higher than 6Gs at times (or even the ships
going over 2 Gs average thrust for a turn with engine
redlining/emergency thrust) is probably feasible, but I want to keep
the norms on the lower end. I think 2Gs is probably enough to be doing
damage control even in a powered exoskeleton..

Tomb

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance Next: Re: [GZG] System Diversity