Prev: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships Next: [GZG] Painfully Realistic Vector Movement for Full Thrust

Re: [GZG] ken burnside beetlejuice beetlejiuce

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:26:54 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] ken burnside beetlejuice beetlejiuce

G'day,

> Id love to hear from jon T on his site or on list.

Its probably just me, but I like Jon's laid back approach to an internet
presence. Jon is always polite and tolerant on open forums, that's not
always true of gamer designers/authors. An active presence and
discussion on a dedicated list or forum is a nice way of interacting
with people interested in the game. Looking more broadly to other
forums/pages answering the odd question is cool, but to my mind its
nicer to see people other than the author recommend the rules, but like
I said maybe that's just my odd view of the world. Jon also has a more
relaxed style about answering questions.

I've played Attack Vector a bit, though its hard to find people that
want to play it more than a couple of times. Derek and I play it when
I'm after some "hard science feel for a fighter match up" or something
like that for a story I'm writing, but only if we have a whole day to
spare. Then again I freely admit I'm a space opera massed fleet kinda
girl and FT more then fulfils that.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [GZG] House rules, was Monster ships Next: [GZG] Painfully Realistic Vector Movement for Full Thrust