Prev: [GZG] Anyone have the original FMA draft document Jon released many, many moons ago? Next: Re: [GZG] Anyone have the original FMA draft document Jon released many, many moons ago?

Re: [GZG] Orders Writing and Thresholds, and Game Plans....

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:23:44 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Orders Writing and Thresholds, and Game Plans....

Tom B  wrote on 12/18/2009 01:19:07 AM:

> Doug,
>
> Can you explain your colour coded dice idea? The 'six year old'
> explanation please. Sounds intriguing, but my brain is running an old
> 80186 and ain't keeping up with the new fangled ideas....

Sure thing; I probably should have said colour-coded SSD systems, with
matching dice.

Take a Tacoma heavy frigate. First, I'd put a coloured circle around
each
system that takes a threshold check on the first hit. I tried
highlighters
when I first tried drawing some up; not enough colors...

As the two class ones are same effect, I marked them the same, and put
in
two dice of the same colour, say red. One orange for the port class two,
one blue for the starb'rd class 2, one yellow for the fire control, one
green for the PDS, one black for the FTL, one white for the main drive
would cover it, pulling any sixes. Core systems would be covered by a
separate roll, though I don't think I've played using them.

Roll-tick-roll-tick CAN be damn fast, but it seems to be a slowly
acquired
skill for some folk and I developed the idea for a drop-in, drop-out
'participation' game I was putting together for con play.

Course, the one system at a time only really seems long in a large ship,
and I never decided, compared to one roll at a time, that batches of six
or
so would be an improvement. Colour perception is also an issue, as I
stated. You don't have to be colour-blind for it to be an issue.

Damn, my spellchecker hates the U in colour; course, it also hates
'spellchecker'. ;->=

The_Beast