Prev: Re: [GZG] ftjava server url? Next: Re: [GZG] ftjava server url?

Re: [GZG] ftjava server url?

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:13:41 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] ftjava server url?

This has sort of come up in our own gaming group lately...

Is there a simple mass dice roller that is suitable for FT?  It's become
a mild complaint among a new group I've been putting together, that
rolling mountains of dice makes the game a little less fun at times.
For what it's worth, we're frequently playing fleets upwards of 10,000
NPV, our last two were in the 12-13k for one and 17-18k for the other,
both of which had more than 400 fighters on the board (and none from
anything that could be described as soap bubble carriers).  Throw all
that together and it gets us into situations where in the latter game we
started rolling in 1/2 or 1/4 shorthand and multiplying.  The players
like the huge battles tactically, just not the massive dice rolling.