Prev: Re: [GZG] Giving thanks... Next: [GZG] mystery rules?

Re: [GZG] Giving thanks...

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:11:45 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Giving thanks...

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 08:32:00PM -0600, Allan Goodall wrote:
>The question, which we can't answer right now, is "How will this affect
>their sales in the long run?" A lot of what they are pulling is stuff
that
>long term -- and not necessarily "still buying" -- customers have
produced
>and/or used. A lot of the younger fans are going to continue to visit
the
>stores and buy the stuff there without really knowing what the older
players
>are griping about. I'm sure the GW staff won't allow much dissent at
their
>stores.

GW have certainly done plenty of things to hack off their fans in the
UK. (Starting in the 1980s when they were still a general gaming
company.) It hasn't done them much harm; their entire business model
seems to be based on hooking the _new_ generation of kids, not on
keeping existing players. From a purely financial point of view, being a
toy vendor rather than a wargame vendor clearly works for them...

Prev: Re: [GZG] Giving thanks... Next: [GZG] mystery rules?